Monday, July 13, 2009

Welcome here!

Following some other entrants of PGD Annual 2009, I have decided to publish my progress in the compo here.
The "PGD Annual" is a game programming competition for pascal language. This year the competition will require to create an arcade game (PGD Annual 2009 - Arcadia) and, based on the number of entrants (18 until now), I bet it will be a great success!

My game is called "Sweep" and it will run on Nintendo DS. I am writing it using the Free Pascal compiler, so I will have the opportunity to test the compiler stability too. The game is a 2D puzzle that, I hope, will attract both casual and hardcore gamers.

First deadline is already gone. It required to write a design document, that I have submitted a couple of days ago. Of course it is a work-in-progress document, that will be updated every now and then.

Yesterday I have started the coding part: the game skeleton is organized like a finite state machine so nothing too complicated, for now :)
Next step is to arrange the "insert coin" part. I'll need to decide if it is better to use a text system or some sprites...

No comments:

Post a Comment